East Greenwich School District
School Closing Information
East Greenwich Fire Department
East Greenwich Police Department
ADMINISTRATIVE AGENT FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF AFFORDABLE HOUSING
Any persons or firms interested in providing competitive contracting services to the Township of East Greenwich as defined in the New Jersey Statutes, N.J.S.A. 40A:11-2(6). N.J.S.A. 19:44A-20.4 et.seq. and in accordance with the Local Public Contracts Law (N.J.S.A. 40A:11-1 et.seq. for Professionals Services; and P.L.2015, c.95 [specifically amending, N.J.S.A. 40a:11-4.1 (3) m, q], competitive contracting.
Proposals (3 provided) shall be enclosed in a sealed envelopes bearing the legend, “Proposal for Administrative Agent for the Administration of Affordable Housing” on the outside. The proposals shall be returned to Elizabeth McGill, Township Clerk Municipal Building, 159 Democrat Road, Mickleton, NJ 08056 by Friday January 27, 2023 10:00 am prevailing time, when they will be opened and read in public. Late proposals will not be considered.
1. The Administrative Agent shall be appointed by the Township, and shall serve for a term of one (1) year or until his successor has been appointed.
2. The Administrative Agent shall function pursuant to N.J.A.C. 5:80-26.14.
3. The Administrative Agent shall provide evidence of successful management of restricted affordable housing.
4. The Administrative Agent shall provide evidence of capacity to undertake the duties of an Administrative Agent.
5. To establish and enforce affordability controls and ensure that the Administrative Agent’s portfolio are sold to eligible households.
6. To secure written acknowledgment from all developers, affordable housing sponsors and owners that no restricted unit can be offered or in any other way committed to any person other than a household duly certified by the Administrative Agent.
7. Is responsible to create and adhere to an operating manual, implement the Township’s Affirmative Marketing Plan, accept applications from interested households, conduct random selection of applicants for sale and resale of restricted unites, create and maintain a pool of applicant households determine eligibility of households, establish and maintain effective communication with owners and property managers, preserve affordability controls during the sale of restricted units, ensure cancellations of recapture mortgages are effectuated, send out annual mailings about restrictions, ensure unit has continuing certificate of occupancy at final transfer, serve as the custodian of all legal documents, serve as point of contact on all matters relating to affordability controls, provide annual activity reports to Municipal Housing Liaison for use in the annual COAH monitoring report, and maintain and distribute information on HUD approved Housing Counseling Programs.
8. The Administrative Agent shall provide a statement of intent to undertake continuing education opportunities provided by COAH or successor/like agency.
9. The Administrative Agent shall be approved by the Council of Affordable Housing or courts, if required to do so.
10. In lieu of appointing an individual Administrative Agent, the Township may appoint a firm or Qualified Planner.
11. The Administrative Agent shall not receive a fixed salary but shall be paid as provided for by a contract authorized by the Township in accordance with the Laws Governing public contracts.
12. When requested by the Township, the Administrative Agent shall:
a. Document affordability control compliance of current and prior Round cycle credits.
b. Implement the Township’s Affirmative Marketing Plan in accordance with N.J.A.C. 5:80-26.15.
c. Pursue Certification of households for affordable housing according to COAH guidelines.
d. Establish and maintain affordability controls and enforcement powers, in compliance with U.H.A.C. regulations, set forth in N.J.A.C. 5:80-26.1 et seq.
e. Institute and maintain an effective communication system for the availability of restricted resale and rental units.
f. Prepare/update an Operating Manual for the Administration of Affordable Housing Controls for submission to COAH and the Township, in accordance with N.J.A.C. 5:80-26.1 et seq.
g. Provide annual and monthly monitoring reports to the designated authority as required.
h. Establish a database of applicants for affordable housing.
i. Create an application process.
j. Attend Township meetings as required.
k. Other duties as may be assigned.
DOCUMENTS The Administrative Agent shall maintain all papers, documents, memorandum reports, and other materials relating to the administration of this division. Upon termination of his services with the Township, the Administrative Agent shall surrender to the Township all such property.
1. RESIDENCE The residence of the Administrative Agent need not be within the Township.
2. Qualification requirements to compete for the needed service or activity as set forth in the “duties and responsibilities” of the position defined in the Township’s Request for Proposals. Qualifications, at a minimum, shall include requirements defined as follows:
a. Full name and business address.
b. Listing of all post high school education of the applicant and/or members of a professional firm seeking to provide professional services as described within the body of the Request for Proposal.
c. Dates of any licensure in the State of New Jersey and any other state as to the professional discipline requested to serve the needs of the Township.
d. Must provide proof of experience in implementation of affordable housing programs, including qualifying candidates, placement of candidates and rehabilitation management.
e. Must maintain a bona fide principal office in the State of New Jersey.
f. Must have ability to provide the service or complete the activity in a timely fashion as required by the Township.
g. Availability to accommodate any required meetings of the Municipality
h. A listing of any professional affiliations or membership in any professional societies or organizations, with an indication as to any offices held.
i. The number of licensed professionals employed (if a professional firm) and/or affiliated with the professional entity seeking to provide services to the Township. A description of each individual’s qualifications, including education, licensure and years of professional experience.
j. A listing of all previous Public Sector entities served by the applicant/proposer licensed professional including dates of service and position(s) held.
k. The Proposal shall provide a detailed description of services and associated fees to ensure compliance with the Scope of Services and the Uniform Housing Affordability Controls N.J.A.C. 5:80-26.1 et seq.
l. Insurance. The Administrative Agent, as a member of a profession which is subject to suit for professional malpractice, shall provide documentation that insurance for professional liability/malpractice coverage with limits as to liability acceptable to the Township.
m. Financial Disclosure. The Administrative Agent as a “professional”, if required by law, shall file a Financial Disclosure Statement pursuant to Local Government Ethics Law N.J.S.A. 40A:9-22(1) et seq.
Law Against Discrimination and Affirmative Action. The Administrative Agent as a “professional” shall file a statement as to compliance with N.J.S.A. 10:5-1 et seq. (Laws Against Discrimination) and P.L. 1975, c.127 (Affirmative Action)
All resumes or proposals will be publicly opened in the Clerk’s Office at the Municipal Building on Friday, January 27, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. The resumes or proposals are being solicited through a fair and open process in accordance with N.J.S.A. 19:44A-20.5 et seq. The Township Committee of the Township of East Greenwich reserves the right to reject any and all submissions and further reserves the right to waive minor irregularities in the submissions received and to accept any submission deemed most favorable by the Township of East Greenwich at the time and under the conditions stipulated.
The Gloucester County Library System
The Gloucester County Library System consists of five branches: Glassboro, Greenwich, Logan, Mullica Hill, and Swedesboro; and one independent association library: Newfield, in Gloucester County, New Jersey.
Please click here for current hours and more information about the library.
Mullica Hill Branch
389 Wolfert Station Road
Mullica Hill, NJ 08062
1442 Kings Highway
Swedesboro, NJ 08085
Street Light Outage
Please report street light issues directly to Atlantic City Electric at 1-800-833-7476.