New To Our Township
WELCOME to East Greenwich Township! We know you will enjoy your new home and lovely community. Please stop by and visit us at the East Greenwich Municipal Building.
Our Township municipal building on Democrat Road includes the Township offices, along with the East Greenwich Police Department, the Municipal Court and the Mickleton Post Office. Township committee, board and commission meetings that are open to the public are also held here. The Office of Emergency Management is located at the Amos J. Peaslee Municipal Annex on Cohawkin Road.
Our community provides garbage and recycling pick up weekly. We will provide residents with one blue RecycleBank can and one brown 96-gallon trash can. Please see our Trash & Recycling page or call for further information.
*All dogs residing in the Township for more than 10 days must be registered. Please see our animal control page for more information.
*Please remember to change your voter registration forms are available at the Clerk’s office or online at the GLoucester County Website http://www.co.gloucester.nj.us/Government/Departments/Clerk/electionservices.cfm
*Please check with the water department for current water usage restrictions to avoid any violations.
*ANYONE selling items within East Greenwich Township is required to purchase a “Peddler’s License” from the Township. If anyone comes to your door who cannot produce a license, please call the East Greenwich Police Department at (856) 853-0911.
We are providing some links web sites that may help you as a new resident of our Township. Suggestions for additions to this list are welcome (please contact the webmaster).
- East Greenwich Township
- County (Gloucester)
- State Legislature [ East Greenwich is in District 3 ]
- State – Governor
TOWNSHIP AND LOCAL RESOURCES
- Trash and Recycling
- Dog Licensing
- Property Taxes
- Police, Fire, Ambulance [ Dial 911 for emergencies]
- Post Offices-local – East Greenwich Township is comprised of the villages of Mt. Royal, Clarksboro and Mickleton each have their own post office, but are considered under the Municipality of East Greenwich.
– 3 E Cohawkin Rd, Clarksboro, NJ 08020 (856) 423-2405
– 519 Kings Hwy, Mickleton, NJ 08056, (856) 423-2373
– 138 Kings Hwy, Mt Royal NJ, (856) 423-0404
- Township newsletter – emailed quarterly sign up above
- Other Township news and events [external site]
- History (and photographs) of East Greenwich N.J.
- East Greenwich Municipal Court
- Gloucester County Court
- Houses of Worship in East Greenwich
- Parks and Recreation [including children/teens sports]
See disclaimer below
- State of New Jersey Agencies
- State of New Jersey – Taxation
- New Jersey Homeland Security
- State of New Jersey Home Page
- NJ Help Hotline
- Robins nest community resource directory
- NJ Motor Vehicle Commission – get your NJ driver’s license; register your car, car inspections etc.
- Newspapers and Ezines for Local News
- Radio and Television
- It is up to you to determine your favorite stores and shops.
- The closest large “mall” to East Greenwich is the Deptford Mall
- If you enjoy hunting for antiques, you might want to try Mullica Hill
- There are several businesses of interest in East Greenwich including a bank, hair salons, convenience stores, floral/garden shops, pizza shop, asian food restaurant, a pork shop (that also sells beef), realtors, insurance, nursing homes and more. Additional business establishments and restaurants are within a few minutes drive in neighboring towns.
- Getting Around
- Amtrak – railway (train) service
- NJ Transit(Bus, Light Rail, Train Service)
- SEPTA (bus, trolley, train)
- Philadelphia International Airport
- NJ Commuter.com
- Park and Ride in Gloucester County
- Biking and Walking – Use the interactive bike map to identify bike paths, as well as the connections that can be made to the bus routes and rail stations in our area. Now, NJ Transit and PATCO allow riders to take their bikes onto any bus route or rail line in South Jersey.
The links on this page were compiled by our town’s historian to benefit new residents. The appearance and/or the order of external links on this web site does not constitute endorsement by the East Greenwich Township of external web sites or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities East Greenwich Township does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. These links are provided solely for informational purposes. If you have a link that you would like to be added to this page, please contact the webmaster.